Last modified: April 22, 2018
There are diverse ways you can use our services – to search for and share information, to communicate with other people or to create additional content. When you share information with us, we can make these services even better.
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you’re not familiar with terms like cookies, IP addresses, pixel tags and browsers, then read about these key terms. Your privacy matters to us so whether you are new or a long-time user, please do take the time to get to know our practices.
How we use information we collect
We collect your information solely for the purpose of providing you the product or service that is connected with the function or activity of the website which includes but not limited to the following (“Purpose”):
- To inform You about various products and services offered on website.
- To address Your queries and resolve your concerns pertaining to any service or product.
- To facilitate Your usage of website and improve our service, product or content.
- To review website performance using data analysis to make Your experience better.
- To protect the integrity of the website.
- To implement information security practices, to determine any security breaches, contaminant or computer virus, to investigate/prevent/take action illegal activities and suspected fraud.
We will ask for your consent before using information for a purpose other than those that are set out above.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all our users. This information includes:
- Log information
- Location information
- Local storage
- Cookies and similar technologies
- Storing of information
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside unless one of the following circumstances applies:
With your consent
- We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside when we have your consent to do so.
For external processing
For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Google, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect our website and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to anyone who needs to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Third Party Links
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We keep your personal information private and safe — and put you in control.